pd6729 infinite eventloop

William.O'Donnell at gd-ais.com William.O'Donnell at gd-ais.com
Wed Feb 16 12:31:00 EST 2005

I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel (debian kernel-source-2.6.10) on a Kontron
Pentium-M single board computer in a compactPCI chassis.  Also installed
is a Technobox PMC to PCMCIA adaptor fitted on a cPCI carrier. My PCMCIA
card is an obscure digital modem: Innovative Concepts PCIDMv2. :0

The PMC-PCMCIA adaptor employs the Cirrus CL 6729 (rev 7?) bridge.

I've applied patches (2.6.10-mm3) to pd6729.c and pd6729.h in failed
attempts to resolve a fatal problem that occurs when I insert the PCMCIA:
system locks up, spitting out an endless stream of the following messages:
pd6729: infinite eventloop in interrupt
   .
   .

Not sure what to try next.  I do have at my disposal another PMC-PCMCIA
adaptor from SBS, employing a TI PCI1211 bridge. I have tried this route,
but _nothing_ happens when I insert the PCMCIA into this adaptor. My
hunch is that I'd have more luck with the PD6729? Perhaps not?

Suggestions?  Advice?

Bill
william.o'donnell at gd-ais.com