Pc card and pci express

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Thu Dec 22 07:39:11 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 10:35:34PM +1100, Joo Ghee wrote:
> I have a laptop with a pci express slot which I need to connect to a
> Wireless LAN card that unfortunately is of the 32-bit pc card format.

Can't be done.  Look at the physical form factors:

http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/about.jsp

While it's theoretically possible to construct an ExpressCard 54 to
Cardbus adapter, I'm not aware of anyone making such a device -- and
because of the form factor, it'd be really ugly; the Carbus card would
protude from the machine at least 33mm.

I don't see any wireless ExpressCards listed at

http://www.expresscard.org/web/do/pub/resourcedirectory

so I think you're out of luck.  Your best bet is probably to get a USB
2.0 wireless adapter.