PXA2xx pcmcia to compact flash on 2.6.13

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Dec 15 19:56:59 EST 2005

Hi, John!

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 11:00 -0800, John Heil wrote:
> I've done a bind_request to get ide-cs.c to manage the compact flash.
> bind_request completes successfully and I then call ide_attach in
> ide-cs.

I guess you circumvented reading CIS by doing this.  I'm not sure if you
can read CIS at all.

> ide_attach does a pcmcia_register_client and ds.c ultimately drives
> GetFirstTuple which is failing w 'No more items'

This means that the client driver cannot find CIS.

> What am I missing?
> What do I need to get this running quickly ?

In order from "quick and dirty" to "correct" (but I cannot assure you
that every approach is feasible):

Comment out all CIS reading code and initialize whatever the driver
reads from CIS with reasonable values.

Hardcode CIS of the card as binary data.

Figure out how to read CIS from the card.  You need the bridge
specification for that.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin