Using the "best available" driver

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Wed Dec 7 15:16:30 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:00:43PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> 	With respect to the removal of the ioctl, you may want to
> contact the various people supporting Pcmcia in the various distro and
> asking them about how far they are supporting the new utilities. They
> are the people that are going to be impacted the most.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/pcmcia-cs
> http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=pcmcia
>
> http://rpmseek.com/rpm/pcmciautils-007-1.i386.html?hl=com&cs=pcmcia:PN:0:0:0:0:2139560
> http://rpmseek.com/rpm/pcmciautils-010-2mdk.i586.html?hl=com&cs=pcmcia:PN:0:0:0:0:2372037
> http://rpmseek.com/rpm/pcmcia-3.2.8-7.i586.html?hl=com&cs=pcmcia:PN:0:0:0:0:2103097
>
> 	Hmm... A first glance, 3 out of 5. Not bad, but could be better ;-)

pcmciautils is in Debian's new-packages queue, currently maintained by
me; I suspect we will be installing it in preference to pcmcia-cs before
too long. However we still haven't sorted out lots of the obvious
migration issues.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]