Using the "best available" driver

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Dec 7 07:52:44 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 01:42:53PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> The actual removal will take a few months more, I suspect, but that's the
> plan yes. And with the easy /etc/modprobe.conf blacklisting method as well
> as the "rmmod X && sleep 1 && modprobe Y" being available immediately after
> the IOCTL is gone I don't think that this is a blocking issue. Do you agree?

Note that I still haven't been able to resolve my cardmgr problems...
I'm actually to the point of not caring about this anymore - I'll
just stick with old kernel versions on the machines which matter,
which rules out testing PCMCIA on certain ARM setups, all of which
have the appropriate setups to exhibit wrong address translations.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 Serial core