No CIS present error

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Tue Dec 6 02:09:48 EST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 07:10:19PM +0800, Wang Lun.Sheng-r63236 wrote:
> I am working on a socket driver for the pcmcia host controller in
> i.mx31(arm11) processor. My kernel is 2.6.10. And this driver is based
> on the one in sa1100.

Could you try a more recent kernel, please?

> 6. Support 5 windows, memory space assigned to pcmcia: 0xbc000000-0xbfffffff (64). but I just used 3 windows:
> 	bc000000-bfffffff : PCMCIA socket 0
> 	bc000000-bcffffff : io
> 	be000000-beffffff : attribute
> 	bf000000-bfffffff : memory

> I have some questions unsure here. Any help will be appreciated greatly:
> 1. Can I use dump_cis with just loading socket service and card service, or
> something should be done before issuing dump_cis to get CIS information?

It should work already... and on arm and recent kernels, it should suffice
to use dump_cis from pcmciautils right after booting.

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html

> 2. I am not sure what's meaning of io port and memory resource allocation in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts such as:
> 	include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
> 	include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff
>     Are these resources the same as the one allocated to windows above?

They should be -- at least, I'm not sure that 2.6.10 already has the proper
patches to manage static sockets independently. Maybe you could share the
driver (GPL?) to this list so that we can hunt the bug?

Thanks,