Using the "best available" driver

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Mon Dec 5 03:28:02 EST 2005

>> echo -n "0.0" > /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0/driver/unbind
>> echo -n "0.0" > /sys/bus/pcmcia/drivers/hostap_cs/bind
>
> Now that I see those commands even I remember using them in the past.
> Sorry, I should have remembered that.

Same happens to me also.

>> The same (unbind, bind) is possible for PCI devices.

But can someone explain what this means, does unbind temporarily unloading the
loaded (not wanted) module, that it doesn't show with lsmod? And the bind causes a
new (wanted) module to be laoded?

But can this be done so that only wanted module is loaded once, not first unloading
unwanted one and then loading the correct one?

Is the correct syntax for pci as below:

echo -n "0000:02:0a.0" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:02:0a.0/driver unbind

and the load the wanted one

echo -n "0000:02:0a.0" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/prism2_pci/bind

What would be good place to put these commands (pcmcia/pci)? Is it better to run
them in very eraly or in the last during the boot process?

--
Best Regards, Jar