Yenta socket and mmc/sd slot

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 07:19:08 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:01:50PM +0200, Stephan Wienczny wrote:
> What would you do to investigate this? I'm not (yet) familiar with the
> pcmcia-subsystem. If you told me what you would do, I could try to get the
> needed information.

It's nothing to do with the PCMCIA subsystem.  It's a separate logical
device.

As far as what I'd do, I'd probably start by prodding around in the
PCI region and seeing if I can detect any change when (eg) a card is
inserted or removed.  Or try claiming the PCI function's interrupt
and seeing whether there's any activity there.  Literally it'll be
a case of "monitor this, apply this stimulus, what do we get".

And that can take a lot of time to work out, and I'd say working
through something like that via email is not a feasible approach.

Also, whether this approach is even feasible with direct access to
the hardware depends on the complexity of the interface.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 Serial core