Qusetion about patch ;)

congo at imafexbb.sk congo at imafexbb.sk
Tue Aug 30 02:32:06 EDT 2005

>The bugzilla entry says that the patch is included in 2.6.13-rc4
>(or later).  Oh, it should also be in 2.6.13.
>Have you tried any of those?

I'm usually using only stable releases of kernel and i was blind when i
was reading the bugzilla entry. If i could look better I would not write
the e-mail ;)

> As far as being added to the "stable kernel" patches (2.6.12.n),
> that doesn't appear likely at the moment, since
> a) the 2.6.12.n series is now final (closed)

i'm sorry when i was writting that e-mail(yesterday) i didn't looked if
there is new kernel so that meas i didn't tried ;)

> b) someone has to send the patch to stable at kernel.org for it to
>    be considered for inclusion there -- did that happen?

This was my main problem and why i asked ;)Becasue i didn't know how to
try  to apply the patch to stable kernel. Now i know ;)

> c) does it fit the requirements for inclusion in the stable
>    kernel?  (see Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt)
Second part of my question ;)
                                          Jan Vongrej

PS: Thank you very much for answer.