new_id for pcmcia_cs drivers

Christian Zoz zoz at suse.de
Tue Aug 16 09:46:10 EDT 2005

Hi all,

since driver association is now hardcoded in the druver source it
would be very convenient to have a new_id sysfs attribute like pci
drivers have. I have two questions to you:

Did somebody plan to add new_id or maybe has already spent time in
this?

What format of the new_id string would you prefer? My suggestion is
to use the same order of fields as in the MODALIAS string plus a
possible cisfile name:
    manf card func mfunc pfunc prod1 prod2 prod3 prod4 cisfile
What do you think about that?

BTW: I will add some documentaton to the pcmciautils if nobody else
already has started doing this.

--

ciao, christian

睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。