Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II + MMC

Borislav Petkov petkov at uni-muenster.de
Tue Aug 16 08:19:17 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I've been scouring the web for a whole day today looking for an up-to-date
information about the current status of the MMC card reader found in some
laptops utilizing the Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II controller. While the
controller is supported just fine by yenta_socket, when i insert a 32 MB MMC
card from a nokia 6600 phone, cardmgr replies:

Aug 16 13:55:50 gollum cardmgr[3143]: unsupported card in socket 0
Aug 16 13:55:50 gollum cardmgr[3143]:   product info: "RICOH",
"Bay1Controller"
Aug 16 13:55:50 gollum cardmgr[3143]:   function: 254 ((null))

I also read somewhere on this ML that Ricoh (and other manufacturers) wouldn't
release hardware info on MMC/SD card readers because of IP/patent issues. I'd
really appreciate if someone could give me more info on the matter ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,
Borislav Petkov.