Trouble with orinoco_cs -- ignore_cis_vcc=1

Will Tobe willtobe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:39:07 EDT 2005

On 4/28/05, Dominik Brodowski <linux at dominikbrodowski.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a) do you also have "include port" statements in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts?
>
> b) if yes, do you see at least some messages stating these are "clean" in
>    dmesg, like,
>         "cs: IO port probe 0x3000-0x3fff: clean." ?
>   (if only parts are "excluded", that's good as well).

Hi Dominik,

I didn't have a ports declaration in the config.opts file. When I
added that (include port 0x00003000-0x00007fff) and restarted the
pcmcia service the card now works! So does my old Intel Pro/Wireless
2011.  The messages log says "cs: IO port probe 0x3000-0x7fff: clean."

The wireless NIC does show up as eth0 instead of wlan0 and I don't
know why. I'm not an expert on wireless on Linux. Any idea why that
is?

Thanks for your help !

William