Memory ranges on a A31p ThinkPad

Cosmo cosmo0 at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 26 10:35:57 EDT 2005

Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you try out 2.6.12-rc2-mm3, please?

Well that version seems to work OK. I don't have to reserve any memory and the
yenta_socket module loads correctly. A Xircom card and an old Worldport modem
are also recognised where they were not before.

> Also, please post a full dmesg.

The immediate need to get this working has passed now and I'd prefer to run a
SuSE kernel rather than a development one. I'm going to give SuSE 9.3 a try
very soon which is based on 2.6.11.4, hopefully that will work as well as
2.6.12-rc2-mm3. Even if it doesn't, at least I know I'm not a world away from
getting something working

Thanks for the help,

Cosmo