sandisk again

Guylhem Aznar pcmcia at externe.net
Thu Apr 21 18:59:20 EDT 2005

Hello

It's been a while - had a lot of work. I found some interesting
information: http://www.dsitri.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95

-----------------
I had a couple of e-mails from Jouni and he mentioned that he was able
to make card work in dual mode by disbaling some of the IO ports in
module configuration files:

Quote:
By removing some of the ports from the allowed ranges in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts:

#include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff include
port 0x110-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

(i.e., ide-cs was getting 0x100- and it did not work for some reason
that I do not understand yet)

------------------

So I tried to do that on my Simpad. There're 2 ways according to
config.opts : either using pcmcia-cs standalone in config.opts or the kernel in which case the pci hotplug system should be edit.

Let's try the first option - it's only a matter of editing config.opts
and someone reported success, so let's try !

Problem : pcmcia-cs standalone requires a sa1100 driver - no such
thing in the distribution. If I compile the kernel one, it complains
about missing dead_socket symbol - this requires cs.o which requires
pcmcia.o, and we're back on using the kernel stuff...

So I considered the second option - Problem : this is not documented
anywhere.

Any idea/suggestion ?

--
Bien à vous - Best regards,