Problem with 16-bit cards on Tecra 530CDT: unable to apply power

Richard Barrington richard at freedomwigs.com
Tue Apr 19 01:11:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

I know I'm replying to an ancient post, but I've just had the same
problem on a Toshiba Tecra CDT510. It also uses the TOPIC95 bridge.
Kernel is Ubuntu 2.6.10-5-386.

Things worked fine with a DSE RealTek chipset PCMCIA NIC and Yenta
driver, but gave the "unable to apply power error" with a Brightcom
PCMCIA modem (Intel MD566X chipset). I've worked around it by changing
the BIOS setting to "PCIC" and loading the i82365 bridge driver. The
modem now works fine, but unfortunately the NIC is no longer found...

Regards,
Richard.