ppc irq handling vs. sym53c500_cs driver

Komuro komurojun-mbn at nifty.com
Thu Oct 28 08:52:10 EDT 2004

>I'm the current author/maintainer of the sym53c500_cs driver for 2.6
>and later kernels, and the other user of the New Media Bus Toaster
>(PCMCIA SCSI card, circa 1997) made contact a few days ago :-).  He's
>trying to use the sym53c500_cs driver on a Mac G4 Powerbook (ppc
>architecture), and failing...

We have same irq-sharing problem on the PCI-to PC card adapter
even if x86 architecture.
Here is a sample of the PCI-to PC card adapter.

http://www.avlab.com.tw/english/products/io/1001_0135_000a.htm

In this case, all interrupts are routed to PCI bus
so 16bit-pcmcia client driver need to support irq-sharing.
I think calling request_irq with SA_SHIRQ is the best solution.

Best Regards
Komuro