pd6729 problems in Mandrake 10.1 Community

Mark KAHRS kahrs at caip.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 11 11:58:48 EDT 2004

I've installed Community 10.1 and it's got the missing CL driver I needed
(and wasn't in 10.0). But now the problem is that when said driver loads
(pd6729), it complains about the following:

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device...
.
.
pd6729: Failed to register irq 0, aborting
pd6729: probe of 0000:00:13.0 failed with error -16

And, naturally, cardmgr reports no sockets found.

Earlier, it suggested I add the pci=bioirq flag, which I did. It didn't help.

Note that this is an ancient Compaq 1030, so I assumed it was enuff like the 1020 that I:

excluded ports 2f8->2ff

excluded irqs 3,4,5,7 and 12

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.