PCMCIA CF Interrupt Problems

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Tue Nov 30 20:11:46 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:13:10AM -0500, Stevens, Peter wrote:

> My question is about the PCMCIA IDE driver. The IDE driver wants to
> re-allocate the interrupted used by Card Services, meaning that I
> must share the IRQ or the IDE probe function will fail. Hopefully,
> this is what is suppose to be happening here.

Yes.

> With the PCMCIA IDE driver and Card Services sharing the IRQ I'm
> able to mount and read from my CF card. The problem is that I cannot
> write to the drive.  Additionally, if I run the 'df' command I end
> up getting an 'interrupt lost' message repeatedly.

I'm not sure what's going on here.  I don't know what would be special
about 'df' if reading the drive works; I'm kind of surprised that 'df'
even does any IO on a mounted filesystem.  Have you tried more than
one brand of CF card?

> I've seen other post with similar issues, but no real answers.

Where have you seen these similar reports, specifically?

> Also, I would like to try out the external cs-pcmcia package. But
> simple cross compile for ARM seems to fail ??

You can't use the pcmcia-cs drivers on this system.

-- Dave