pci-to-pcmcia connection with "AirPrime 5220 EVDO"

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Fri Nov 19 22:12:15 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 08:22:45PM -0500, Khamar, Kalpit K (Kalpit) wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> Thanks for the quick response.

> I have i guess unic case for PCI bus because i am using backplane of
> 12 PCI slots ( only one being used by PCI-to-PCMCIA adapter) and 2
> ISA-PCI slot and one of that slot has SBC ( single board computer )
> because of that i am getting two PCI bridge. Below is my lspci -v
> for that two PCI bridge.

>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
>         Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
>         Memory behind bridge: d8100000-d81fffff

This is the memory range you should use.

The bad news, as you noted, is that no IO port range has been reserved
for this secondary PCI bus.  Maybe try a newer kernel.

Can anyone else comment on whether current 2.6 kernels are capable of
allocating fresh resources for PCI bridges in this situation?  I
suspect the answer is "no"???

-- Dave