kernel-2.6.* Anonymous Memory

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Mon Nov 8 17:33:39 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:49:09PM +0100, Thomas Moritz wrote:

> > Try using:
> >
> >   include memory 0x90040000-0x9007ffff
> >
> > and the memory card should now work fine.
>
> I'm sorry to say: No! The same error. Complete memory are exclude.

Really?  Double check that you used exactly the ranges given above,
and that you have no other memory ranges defined.  If this really does
not work then I don't know what else to suggest.

> > > cardmgr[12304]: socket 0: ATA/IDE Fixed Disk
> > > kernel: Probing IDE interface ide2...
> > > kernel: ide2: Wait for ready failed before probe !
> >
> > This also may be an interrupt problem.
>
> OK, I send another outputs from my nx5000 after hard-reboot:-(

Regarding the interrupt problem, I think the issue is that the kernel
does not know about this TI CardBus bridge type ("unknown device ac8e"
in lspci) and is not configuring the interrupt correctly.

-- Dave