CardBus support on G3 Blue&White

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Sun May 23 16:47:06 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 04:20:02PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Debugging shows that cb_alloc() is called.  It calls pci_scan_slot(),
> which fails to find any devices.  Ultimately, it's pci_scan_device() that
> fails to read the vendor ID for the device 02:00.0.

If the PCI host bridge really only supports PCI bus 0 and 1 then you
may be out of luck, but I would try booting with "pci=assign-busses",
and also try "setpci -s 00:0d.0 a1.B=5" to increase the subordinate
bus limit for the PCI bridge for bus 1.

> Another idea - maybe the subordinate bus could have the same number 1 as
> the bus on which the bridge is located?

No way.  The Cardbus card will appear as device 0 on the subordinate
bus, and you've already got a device 0 on PCI bus 1.

-- Dave