FW: TI1510 probelm - can you help direct me?

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu May 6 10:26:49 BST 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:59:12PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > All you need to do is to find out what i82365 does right but
> > yenta_socket does wrong.
>
> I compared the register dumps and found that the PCI config space between
> 0x28 and 0x3b should be cleaned.  This fixes the problem with USB.  The
> patch is against 2.6.6-rc3, but you should be able to apply it manually to
> the 2.4 kernel.

No.  This overwrites the cardbus IO windows, disabling them completely.
The effect is that cards using IO accesses won't see those accesses.

Maybe the cardbus IO regions are clashing with USB somehow?  Hidden
SMI ports maybe?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/