2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Wed May 5 22:48:10 BST 2004

komujun at nifty.com wrote:
> My kernel version is 2.6.5.
>
> In kernel 2.6.x, I can't unload the yenta_socket module either.
>
> because used count is 1.
> Please see the following output of lsmod command.
>
> In case of yenta_socket,
>
>>Module                  Size  Used by
>>yenta_socket           15616  1
>>pcmcia_core            59008  1 yenta_socket
>

> In case of pd6729
>
>>Module                  Size  Used by
>>pd6729                  9236  1
>>pcmcia_core            59008  1 pd6729

All cardctl commands seems to working when run manually.

So I added 1 s delay before rmmods, and now the pcmcia script works
correctly and the kernel doesn't panic. By doing service pcmcia restart,
_all_ related modules are unloaded and thus no "cs: unable to map card
memory!" messages.

if grep -q "ds " /proc/modules ; then
	/sbin/cardctl eject
	/bin/sleep 1