Problem with TI1250 rev 02 on Thinkpad 560Z

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 4 10:33:26 BST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, David Hinds wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 01:18:11PM +0100, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> >
> > Now, the only card I have which fits in slot 0 is the Belkin and the
> > Atmel drivers won't build with a 2.6 kernel atm.   I suspect it will
> > be easier to test with a card which works with in kernel drivers but
> > it will take me a couple of days to get hold of one (hopefully at
> > the expo on Wednesday).
>
> It would still be useful to simply insert a card into socket 0 and see
> if "cardctl status" reports a card is present.  That would be enough
> to tell you if both sockets are damaged.  I'd bet that only socket 1
> is damaged.

Sorry for the slow response.
Socket 0 reports status 30000006 no matter what. (Card present on boot,
card absent on boot, insert, re-insert etc).
cardctl status always returns 'no card' and what I take to be the card's
'power' light remains unlit.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,