[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus=distortion -- the sagacontinues (cardbus driver=culprit?) UPDATE: 99.9% sure it is the cardbus driver yenta_socket

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Mar 30 15:20:08 BST 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 02:10:38PM +0200, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> i don't know what's the reason for the problems, the latency or the
> mapping problem, or if there is something else that results this problem

Neither do I.  From what you're describing, if it were the cardbus
bridge, we'd be seeing the same effects from cardbus network cards
as well.

As I say, what needs to happen is that the driver author needs to
work out what is happening from his drivers point of view, and from
the hardware point of view.

Once we know that, we can start looking at whether it is related to
the cardbus bridge or not.

Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it's an unknown driver operating
using unknown methods doing something unknown.  That's far too many
unknowns to even start to guess at the cause.

Alternatively, if 2.4 works and 2.6 doesn't, we need a user with the
card to do a binary-search across the 2.5 kernel versions to locate
where it stopped working.  That might give us some extra information
to help track down the problem.

However, please don't expect linux-pcmcia to magically produce a fix
for some hardware and a driver we know very little about.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/