pcmcia - what is first place to look for bug?

Jerry Walden jerry.walden at lantronix.com
Fri Mar 12 17:24:03 GMT 2004

Thanks -

Okay - I rebuilt the kernel and made the modules pcmcia_core,
yenta_socket, ds, ide_cs
Below is the output from dmesg.  Output from /var/log/messages only
happens after I run the cardmgr

insmod pcmcia_core:
Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22

insmod yenta_socket:
yenta 00:0c.1: Preassigned resource 0 busy, reconfiguring...
yenta 00:0c.1: Preassigned resource 2 busy, reconfiguring...
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x0000, PCI irq 1
Socket status: 30000006
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x0000, PCI irq 1
Socket status: 30000006

ismod ds:
(no output from dmesg)

insmod ide-cs:
(no output)

/etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia start:

aStarting PCMCIA services:
cardmgr opts
cardmgr[113]: watching 2 sockets
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x1100-0x17ff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x110-0x4ff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: memory 0xc8000-0xcffff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff:
Invalid argument
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0xa00-0xaff: Invalid
argument
cardmgr[113]: could not adjust resource: irq 4: Invalid argument
cardmgr[114]: starting, version is 3.2.7

-bash-2.05b#

I looked at /proc/iomem and /proc/ioports

-bash-2.05b# cat /proc/iomem
-bash-2.05b# cat /proc/ioports
02a41000-02a41007 : ide0
02a41206-02a41206 : ide0
ad000000-ad003fff : ltxser
b0400000-b0400fff : frontpanel
b1100000-b1100007 : serial(auto)
b1400000-b1400007 : serial(auto)
b1500000-b150ffff : Au1x00 ENET
b1510000-b151ffff : Au1x00 ENET

-bash-2.05b# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  1:          0    Au1000 Level  PCI device 104c:ac55, PCI device
104c:ac55
  3:      95873    Au1000 Level  serial
 28:      21150    Au1000 Level  eth0
 32:          1    Au1000 Level  ltxser
 35:         12    Au1000 Level  ide0

I'm not certain - given the output above - how to begin to guess an
address for the port/mem.  Which one of the above modules would normally
identify a card in the slot and return some form of ID - it seems that
is the first thing that is not showing up