axnet_cs and udev

Stefan Wolf wolfs at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Mar 7 20:42:18 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using an old Asix AX88190 PCMCIA network card (I think its a 16 Bit
one). Now in the last few days I installed udev (I'm running gentoo
linux) and ran into a little problem. After inserting the card I first get
the following log-message:

[kernel] eth%d: Asix AX88190: io 0x300, irq 10, hw_addr 00:E0:98:97:07:3A

And after this, cardmgr tries to start the network-script for the eth%d -
device, which apparently failes...

I have found a dirty way to solve this problem (its not really a
solution):
I hardcoded in the funcion axnet_config in axnet_cs.c a
strcpy(dev->name,"eth0"). Now it works (more or less). I just get the
message from cardmgr that the script net.eth0 (my network-up script) has
already been started. But at least it loads the script for eth0 and not
for eth%d.

Any clues?

Some words about my system: a Mobile Pentium II with 266 Mhz, 64 MB of
ram, pcmcia-cs-3.2.7, udev-021 and the 2.6.4_rc1-love3 sources.
(Yeah I know, old hardware, new software...)

thanks
  wolfs