2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Jun 28 10:43:27 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:20:41PM +0900, Komuro wrote:
> >PS, could I have a patch to add a MODULE_AUTHOR line to the version in
> >2.6.7-mm1 please?
>
> Please see the following patch for 2.6.7-mm3
>
> I've fixed card_start problem.
> Most client driver set card_start=0,
> So
> mem->card_start - mem->sys_start equals -mem->sys_start.  wrong!

Actually, its right.  You've programmed the memory start/stop registers
with sys_start and sys_stop.  Since card_start = 0, you want accesses
to physical address "sys_start" to correspond with card address
"card_start".  So, if card_start = 0, you need to program the offset
register (I365_W_OFF) with -sys_start to achieve the required address
on the PCMCIA bus.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/