R5C485 (PCI bus) driver for linux kernel 2.6.7

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Jun 23 11:15:53 EDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, [big5]     wrote:

>    Where could I get the PCMCIA device driver for Ricoh R5C485 PCMCIA
> controller (PCI bus) for linux kernel 2.6.7? My linux kernel version is
> 2.6.7. I cannot use pcmcia-cs 3.2.7 anymore. It seems only for linux
> kernel 2.4. I also tried to find out R5C485 driver from
> linux-2.6.7/drivers/pcmcia but I failed unfortunately. It only included
> i82365 device driver for ISA bus. Do I still need cardmgr program in
> pcmcia-cs package? Any comments are very appreciated.

You still need cardmgr from pcmcia-cs.  When compiling pcmcia-cs, only the
utilities will be compiled, but not the drivers.  That's OK.

The driver is in the Linux kernel.  You need to enable CardBus support in
the kernel configuration to enable compiling the driver.  If you compile
PCMCIA support as a module, the module will be called yenta_socket.
You'll also need the "ds" module loaded before you run cardmgr.

If you have any problems with compiling user-space utilities in pcmcia-cs
try the latest beta version from http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/NEW/
If the problem persist please describe it in details.  Error messages from
Configure (or "make config") can be ignored if the script finishes
successfully.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin