"unable to apply power" problem in 2.6.6

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Mon Jun 21 08:12:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 15:49, Ryan Verner wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 06:44, Russell King wrote:
> > It seems that some cardbus controllers just get stuck and refuse point
> > blankly to enable power to the socket without reporting why they're
>
> Ok. maybe I can help here.  I don't think it's the cardbus controller.

Is this list the best place to ask?  I'd really like to help to get this
problem solved; it's certainly causing me problems at the moment (I need
Cardbus working on high powered systems); not being a kernel hacker
myself though, the best I can do is provide information.  At the least,
I'd like to identify what exactly is in the system that's causing the
problem so I can replace whatever the issue is; I'm suspecting the
chipset used in the board, perhaps?

Can you please let me know what I can provide, how I could track down
this issue, or point me in another direction?

Thanks,