Unable to apply power.

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Jun 13 13:58:30 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:54:31PM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> 	I've recently purchased an 802.11g card from NetGear which
> theoretically works with the prism54 drivers.  However, I have been unable
> to test this since I am consistently getting "PCMCIA: socket cee6282c:
> unable to apply power."  errors when inserting the card.  Previously I
> would get the error sporadically with various 802.11b cards, but *all* I
> get with the "g" card is this error.  I've tried this with 2.4.3 and 2.4.6
> (with 2.4.3, I get the error above, with 2.4.6, it complains about socket0
> or socket1 instead of cee6282c).

I assume that you mean 2.6 not 2.4 in each of these?

Could you grab the cbdump program from the PCMCIA site in my sig and
send its output both before and after you've inserted the card.  I
can't guarantee it'll give us something to go on, but it'll be start.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/