[fixed] orinoco_cs.c cannot get io ports (cs.c 1.271), can anyone help me understand why?

Jens B. Jorgensen jbj1 at ultraemail.net
Wed Jun 9 14:09:56 EDT 2004

Russell King wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:47:07PM -0500, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
>

>>So after putting in all manner of printk() statements deeper and deeper
>>I discovered something interesting. I was using lxr to trace through the
>>source on the web and noticed that my fedora core 2 source for
>>rsrc_mgr.c didn't match that of the "stock" 2.6.5 code. In particular, I
>>noticed that the fedora core 2 code has
>>

>Keep on investigating please - the code should work as before - there
>should be no functional change.  You're the first one to report a
>change in behaviour, and this needs to be tracked down and resolved.
>
>Could you prod about in pcmcia_align and pcmcia_common_align please?
>
>Also, might be worth dumping out data.mask, data.offset, num and min
>in find_io_region.

Ok, I will go back in and dig further. I did notice after I sent the
last email that the card services code does actually go back and call
some *_resource functions--seems it calls some lower-level ones than
allocate_resource so I guess this /is/ something more subtle. I can't
get to this today but I'll try to do it soon.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jbj1 at ultraemail.net