Kernel Oops with Adaptec 1460D (PCMCIA SCSI-Controller) and Kernel 2.6.0

Larry W. Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Jan 8 13:53:08 GMT 2004

At 09:40 AM 1/8/2004, you wrote:
>Maybe because the patch is completly wrong?   If a drivers hits that
>case it used scsi_register where it should have used scsi_host_alloc.

Obviously, the aha152x_cs driver is completely screwed up. Clearly, the
code reaches the point where I applied the patch. I would be happy to try
to debug it as the failure of this driver is a killer for me wrt to 2.6.
Which of the cs scsi drivers would be a good model to follow?

Larry

Larry W. Finger                     Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
1400 Colorado St.                    Phone: +1 (240) 463-2051
Boulder City, NV 89005              FAX:   +1 (775) 255-3087

http://www.lwfinger.net/