[BUG] unable to apply power.

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 23:05:04 GMT 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 02:05:12PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> 	After a few successful insertion/removal, my CardBus socket
> developped this problem :
> -------------------------------
> PCMCIA: socket cf339030: unable to apply power.
> -------------------------------
> 	And after that, the network Cardbus driver loads but doesn't
> get any interrupts.

I've seen something similar here on my CL PD6833... but only once.
I tried prodding various registers to persuade it to apply power,
but it refused and it wanted a reset.

Unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce it since.  Is yours
reproducable, if so how reproduable?  What are you doing when it
occurs?  Are you allowing a number of seconds between insert and
remove?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/