PCMCIA GPRS cards not works,help...

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Thu Feb 19 13:20:08 GMT 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:58:01AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:29:39PM +0800, Magikor wrote:
> > Does anyone know the reason?
> > Please help me,thanks a lot!
>
> You're being rather impatient.  I haven't had a chance to look into this
> at all yet.  Not everyone lives in your time zone.
>
> It is known that the Linux PCMCIA subsystem does not support changing the
> Vcc supplied to the card after the card has been initially powered up.  To
> do so requires the card to first be powered down and then re-powered with
> the new Vcc.

Right, basically, you should never change the card voltage.

The original problem implies use of an old version of serial_cs; prior
to 2.4.21, serial_cs assumed 5V for multiport cards.  Yes this is not
a multiport card... however it is asking for 16 IO ports, which
serial_cs interprets as meaning this is a dual port card.

There are a couple checks in serial_cs for specific card types that
are incorrectly detected as dual-port.  It sounds like a new one needs
to be added for this card.

I don't know about the division-by-zero thing.

-- Dave