32bit Cardbus CF adaptor

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Feb 18 18:59:05 GMT 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> The Windows driver contains many references to SCSI, which only confirms
> that the card is seen as a disk, not as a PCMCIA bridge.
>
> It may have a supported SCSI chip, but it's more likely that you'll have
> to write a SCSI driver for it.

Sorry, I looked in cf32ax.inf again, at it appears that some references to
SCSI are commented out and replaces with ATA.  So it may be an ATA
adaptor, which are supported.  Chances are much better in this case.
Even it it doesn't work out of box, all necessary code is already in the
kernel, you'll just need to add some IDs to the tables of supported
devices.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin