strange strange 2.6.2 bug - pcmcia sleeps until I move the mouse ?!

Daniel Ritz daniel.ritz at gmx.ch
Thu Feb 12 16:22:40 GMT 2004

can you please post the follwing info:
- lspci -vv
- cat /proc/interrupts (for both 2.4 and 2.6)
- you say it works with 2.4: with which socket driver? i82365 from the pcmcia-cs
  package or in-kernel yenta_socket?

you have two probles here: for one, there are no ISA interrupts available...
second, you have a TI cardbus bridge that forgets to route the interrupts
from the card to the PCI bus...so your card only works when there are interrupts
on the same line as the interrupt handler of the card is registered...

i tried forcing my ToPIC97 to a irq mask of 0000 so it has to route the
interrupts to the PCI interrupt...but it still works...but i have a ti1410 in
the other notebook...so i can play a bit...TI bridges have special init code
which may be different between 2.4 and 2.6. i'll look at it.

[ there is already code to enable the routing to pci for TI, but it's a) disabled
  b) in the wrong place and C) buggy ]

rgds
-daniel