PCI IRQ routing change broke PCMCIA/prism54 driver

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Aug 30 13:47:39 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:15:19AM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 10:06 am, Cyrille Chépélov wrote:
> > I have always used the same version of the kernel (2.6.8-rc4-mm1) since
> > I started sending the report to Bjorn. But now the problem appears to be
> > gone...
> >
> > The only ingredient I haven't yet exercised (since I tried to reproduce
> > the problem) is that the machine did not go into swsusp yet. It is
> > possible (I don't quite remember) that the first time I booted
> > 2.6.8-rc4-mm1, was after the previous version woke up.
>
> I bet that's it.  I had another report of stuff being broken after a
> swsusp resume, and I found a couple drivers that are missing a
> pci_enable_device() in the resume path.

What if pci_enable_device() fiddles with the configuration space of the
device, and pci_restore_state() then undoes whatever fiddling was done?

PS, If, in the unlikely event that Cyrille reads this, can you please
fix your mailer.  It's spamming me _each_ day for what seems like ever
with (now three, to become four) non-delivery warning notices which is
very annoying.  Presently its up to 288 hours thus far.  Thanks.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/