How about CVS?

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Apr 30 15:59:52 BST 2004

Hello!

I often want to test the proposed patchsets, but I usually don't
have time to patch and unpatch the kernel.

We could just put the contents of Linux drivers/pcmcia and include/pcmcia
directories to CVS.  Only Makefile will need to be replaced to support
external compilation.

I can create a tarball with the current drivers and the new Makefile if
anybody is interested.

It's easier to make patches against CVS than against patched kernel.  It's
easier to find the change responsible for breakage.  Unfortunately,
changes to the client drivers will have to be posted as patches, but such
changes should be rare.

I think pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net could be used for CVS if David opens
access to the current maintainers.  Alternatively, another project could
be created on sourceforge.net or gna.org (savannah.gnu.org is not
accepting new projects).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin