linux-pcmcia Digest, Vol 13, Issue 23

Nick Fortune giwg58s02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Apr 25 19:13:33 BST 2004

> > > Well, it seems that this is a dead loss, so I guess we're never going
> > > to get the PD6729 driver supported.  Sorry people.

> > Looks bad. How about porting the PCI parts from David Hinds
> > i82365 driver (external pcmcia package) to the 2.6 kernel?

> Well, the alternative is someone else could pick up the driver and
> fix up the review comments.  If someone's interested, let me know.

And on that note: Let me introduce myself.

My name is Nick Fortune, and I've just subscribed to this list in the hope
of making myself useful in this very area. I have an ancient laptop
with a PD6729 and... well you know the rest.

I'm a newcomer to writing kernel/driver code, but I've developed applications
and system libraries using C & Unix for 20 years.  I'd be happy to help,
although I suspect I'd face a it of learning curve.

Then again, I have plenty of free time right now, so when better?

Nick