2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Sat Apr 24 23:17:28 BST 2004

Russell King wrote:

> Well, it seems that this is a dead loss, so I guess we're never going
> to get the PD6729 driver supported.  Sorry people.
>
> (And please don't raise bug reports for this - because it *isn't* a
> bug.)

Looks bad. How about porting the PCI parts from David Hinds
i82365 driver (external pcmcia package) to the 2.6 kernel?

Off topic:
If not, do I have any other alternatives? Does anybody know if any
of the *BSD Unixes support the PD6729 chip? Or is it really so that
the ms windows is the only OS which can support the PD6729?

Regards,

Jar