Problem with TI1250 rev 02 on Thinkpad 560Z

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Apr 19 14:29:41 BST 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 01:18:11PM +0100, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> First a correction to my previous post:
> Only socket 1 (the one that takes the xircom card) gives a status of
> 0x30000084 if a card is present on boot.  Socket 0 always gives
> 0x30000006 (card present or not).

If you're seeing those same numbers no matter whether there is a card in
the socket or not, then your PCMCIA hardware is broken, and no amount of
fiddling in software will fix it.

bits 1 and 2 of that register indicate the status of two signals per
socket which indicate whether a card is present.  '1' means card not
present, '0' means card present.  For a card to be detected, both
need to be zero.

If you see no change in state of these numbers whether you boot
with a card present or not present, then your PCMCIA hardware is
not detecting card presence at all, and therefore will not work.

Has the laptop been dropped?  Has any PCMCIA card been forced into
the sockets?  Any spillage of any liquid into the laptop?  Any other
mistreatment?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/