Problem with TI1250 rev 02 on Thinkpad 560Z

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 18:20:48 BST 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:11:07AM -0700, David Hinds wrote:
> > During boot the yenta_socket module loads, identifies the 2 sockets;
> > status 0x30000006 for an empty socket, 0x30000084 for a socket with card.
>
> This looks to me like a hardware failure.

Agreed - 0xxxxxxxx4 means that one card detect pin is indicating that
the socket contains a card whereas the other pin is not.  At a guess,
either the card is not correctly inserted, or else one of the card
detect pins is bent.

If it's the latter, there isn't much which can be done to straighten
bent socket pins.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/