reason for delayed handle_removal in ds.c?

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Fri Apr 2 01:56:29 BST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:23:40AM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> What's the reason for the delayed "handle_removal" in ds.c? Is it
> that the other clients have finnished their handling of the
> CS_EVENT_CARD_REMOVAL event?

As far as I recall, it was for the same reason removal was delayed in
all the client drivers: the event was reported in interrupt context
and I wanted all clients to get the event ASAP.  For the kernel PCMCIA
drivers, there's no reason to do that, and removal should be handled
in-line the same as other events.

-- Dave