2.6.0-test7 my cardbus card works (after a manual modprobe), but cardmgr never notices the insertion

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Oct 30 08:33:44 GMT 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 01:12:43AM -0500, Tim Shepard wrote:
> I wanted to debug why cardmgr wasn't working.  I added a couple of
> printks to make sure that the interrupt was getting to yenta_socket()
> and that socket_detect_change() is being called.  As you can see below
> with my added printk()'s, they are being called.

Actually, we no longer pass any events to cardmgr for cardbus cards.

Since we treat cardbus cards as full class PCI citizens, we use the
hotplug subsystem to locate the required module via the PCI vendor
and device IDs.

I think you want to look into why /sbin/hotplug isn't finding the
correct module and loading it.  Maybe enabling DEBUG in /sbin/hotplug
would shed some further light on the problem?

Also I'd suggest adding "exec </dev/null >/dev/console 2>&1" on the
first blank line of /sbin/hotplug so if any errors occur during the
execution of the shell script, they actually get reported to
somewhere (console).  However, I'm willing to bet that this alone
may fix the problem.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/