Crash when unloading yenta_socket in Linux 2.5.69

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon May 5 10:53:42 BST 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Russell King wrote:

> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 02:17:25AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Linux 2.5.69 crashes if I insert module "yenta_socket" and then remove it.
> > The backtrace is attached.
>
> Hmm, I guess something went wrong with Greg's device class changes.  I'll
> take a look sometime between now and tomorrow.

Maybe.  I'm also getting an oops without high memory support, but it looks
very differently.  It happens in class_device_del().  The output of dmesg
is attached.

By the way, there are no problems on unload with plx9052 version 0.1.1,
which was also updated to the new class API.  It's here, as usually:
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/plx9052/

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin