AW: Crash when unloading yenta_socket in Linux 2.5.69

linux at brodo.de linux at brodo.de
Mon May 5 14:09:07 BST 2003

> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 02:17:25AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Linux 2.5.69 crashes if I insert module "yenta_socket" and then remove
it.
> > The backtrace is attached.
>
> Hmm, I guess something went wrong with Greg's device class changes.
I'll
> take a look sometime between now and tomorrow.

The socket initialization re-work and the new pccard_ops (struct
pcmcia_socket *) patch[*] are almost ready, will send them out this
evening. Russell, could you upgrade the SA1x00-drivers then, please?

Hopefully I'll have the yenta.c and pci_socket.c merge done by the end of
this week.

     Dominik

[*] I had to do both things at once so that pci_socket.c doesn't break, so
it'll be a quite large diff :-(