[RFC] setting resources available to pcmcia

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 13 08:12:27 BST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 20:02, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> OK, let's get to more serious stuff now: the way PCMCIA reserves
> resources. Here are my suggestions - at first without code, but this
> may change soon.
>
> _Requirements_
>
> 1.) We need to deal with both static and window sockets -

I have a window socket on a PCI bridge which is far from the root and
doesn't have an ISA bridge anywhere near it -- hence doesn't see cycles
for the whole address space.

It _must_ use memory in the range 0xf5000000-0xf50fffff and I/O in the
range 0x2000-0x2fff, or it doesn't even get to see the PCI transactions.
Currently this is done by an evil hack -- I configure cardmgr
accordingly, and also see the 'membase' and 'isa_setup' module
parameters in Marcelo's drivers/pcmcia/i82092.c.

--
dwmw2