[2.6.0-test1] yenta_socket.c:yenta_get_status returns bad value compared to 2.4

Stefan Jones cretin at gentoo.org
Sun Jul 27 11:46:22 BST 2003

OSDL wrote:

> Which is interesting in itself. It's entirely possible that we should
> just ignore the 16-bit status when it comes to the SS_POWERON logic.
>

> Does the card actually _work_ when you do your hack? Or does it just
> stop the hang?

It just stopped the hang, which caused me to think I was onto something.

I will continue my debugging and take this to the pcmcia list,

so far with printk's and early returns I have got the following:

The ds_ioctl's are triggering the hang,

ioctl calls to DS_ADJUST_RESOURCE_INFO and DS_GET_STATUS work fine (all
others are quoted out and are not called before the hang )

But the first call to DS_VALIDATE_CIS causes the machine to hang.
I have tracked down the hang to

pcmcia_get_first_tuple called from
pcmcia_validate_cis called from
ds_ioctl

in cistpl.c

Will narrow it down some more today.

PS. the card is:
Netgear 802.11b wireless PC card 16-bit PCMCIA MA401
( which works fine with 2.4.21 )

For you pcmcia ppl:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.3/0166.html
( hardware details )