2.5.74-mm3 yenta-socket oops back

Russell King rmk at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 12:08:56 BST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:30:10PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> This one may not be.  How did we get here with no thread to handle the
> event?  Do you have an oops trace on this one?

It's correct.  Had the fan in my server not died last night, I'd have
gotten some of these fixes to Linus.  God how I hate anything with fans
in.  They're the number one cause of failure.

The problem is that the interrupts are claimed before pcmcia has been
properly initialised, so the cs.c-private bits of pcmcia_socket aren't
setup.

--
Russell King (rmk at arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux